Saturday, November 22, 2008

Installation 1/6 - Introduction

This document is for the people who has difficulty in setting Linux, database, WAS server and so forth. To test the features of ProFrame 4 Java, there are a lot of obstacles. In this document, you will see the one of successful installation of ProFrame 4 Java. Please note the version of the installation file in this document and make sure that is is same as yours. In addition to this, I am not sure that the settings in this document is fit for your development environment. Since I allow you to post comment, you can ask me about more question or leave your comments or help.

To begin with, let me explain about the my intention for the setting of development environments. Basically, I will use virtual machine since I have no additional PC or server to test it. You can download the VMware Workstation from VMware website. Then, let's summarize the software environment for this document.

Hardware: VMWare

Software
OS: Ubuntu 8.04 LTS Server Edition
DB: Oracle 10g Express
WAS: JEUS

As you can see, all software is free except TMaxSoft JEUS. If you want to use JEUS, please email to SungJu.CHO@tmaxsoft.com. I will let you test the program. For more information, please visit the website. In this blog, I will have a lot of chance to mention about it.

Basically, ProFrame will be a kind of software development framework. That's because we need a web application server, JEUS. As I know, we can use other WAS such as Web Logic. However in this document, I will use JEUS. Since ProFrame is also TmaxSoft product, it would be a good match.

The installation steps are shown below.

1. Ubuntu installation
2. JDK installation
3. Oracle installation
4. JEUS installation
5. ProFrame installation

Ok. just down load all required software, and follow next step.

No comments: